Inspections Done Right
Yellow Deck coordinates inspections with qualified inspectors all over the USA. We have years of experience working with mechanics, transport companies, and shipping lines. Our goal is to act as your agent in all aspects related to your equipment inspection, purchase, transport to port of export, & shipping.
Avoid costly mistakes
We help our clients avoid costly mistakes and repairs due to misrepresentation of equipment condition. The cost of our inspection service is nothing compared to the long term savings. Plus we make it easy for you, so you can run your business while we check the equipment.
Save money, time, & headaches
As a business owner your time is extremely valuable and better spent managing & growing your business. The cost, time and difficulty of travel to the USA makes doing your own inspection very expensive. Yellow Deck brings years of experience coordinating equipment inspections on its own behalf and for others.
If you decide to use Yellow Deck as your broker agent we can bring our experience to the negotiating table. We can do a valuation study to determine what you should be paying; we can assist in negotiating, and even provide alternatives. Our knowledge of the market & ability to negotiate on your behalf is a valuable tool.
Inspections we conduct
- Structural Integrity: inspection of frame or chassis to identify structural problems such as weld cracks, warping, or accident damage.
- Engine: a general engine inspection including running the engine. Checking all fluids, exhaust, gauge readings, irregular noises, and power.
- Transmission & Drive Train: inspector will engage the transmission and check for shifting & power issues. Also includes clutch, drive axle, & differential inspection.
- Electronic Control Module: most equipment has an onboard computer or ECM. Whenever possible we will send an inspector with appropriate handheld diagnostic tool to look for problems.
- Hydraulics: identify any possible problem areas with hydraulic systems. Including, but not limited to, seals, cylinders, movement, & pump.
- Brakes, Suspension, Tires, & Hubs: Brakes & tires inspected & report % life remaining. Suspension will be looked at to determine if any excessive wear exists. Hubs will be check for lubrication & seals.
- Corrosion Damage: In some parts of the USA corrosion can be a problem due to road salt during winters. Sometimes damage is covered up with paint. We will try to identify any corrosion issues.
- Historical Record (if available): we will when possible run the VIN number in a national database to determine if the vehicle has ever been in an accident, if the title is clean, and other historical data.
- Flooring: we will inspect flooring and sub support systems to identify and load handling issues.
- General Condition: we will conduct a general inspection of all equipment systems and operate the unit within location. The report will include other details regarding equipment features and issues.