Tank Trailers | Dump Trailers | Agricultural Trailers | Livestock Trailers | Dollys
Many makes and types available. Get the list
The dolly facilitates towing 2 trailers in tandem. A dolly attached to the lead trailer via Pintle Hook hitch. The secondary trailer locks onto dollys 5th wheel. Dolly’s come in single axle and tandem axle. A single axle dolly has a GVWR of 20,000lbs. A tandem axle has 40,000lbs GVWR. Refer to your local DOT rules determining your dolly needs. Come in spring ride and air ride. May have standard brakes or ABS. The hinged V neck where donut hitch is located comes in different lengths. Calculate the length that is right for you. The lead trailer has a special reinforced plate, attached to main rails, which has the pintle hook claw, air lines, electrical 7 way, and safety chains.
Tandem Axle Dolly Single Axle Dolly
Tank trailers are made for many applications. The list below includes all the major tank trailer applications. Materials include aluminum, stainless steel, and steel. Each application has specialized valves, vapor management systems, baffles, monitoring systems, and maintenance requirements. In some cases they have pumps, heaters, or other hydraulic systems to facilitate the operation. Types of tank trailers.
- Asphalt tanker
- Chemical-acid tanker
- Citrus tanker
- CO2 tanker
- Fuel tanker
- LPG tanker
- Milk tanker/ Sanitary-food grade tanker
- Nitrogen-cryogenic tanker
- Water tanker
DOT/MC Classifications of Tank Trailers:
DOT 406/MC-306 Atmospheric Pressure (non pressure) Tank
- OPS Pressure Less Than 3 PSI Gasoline,
- Typical Maximum Capacity 9,000 Gallons Fuel Oil
- New Tanks Aluminum Alcohol
- Older Tanks Steel Other Flammable/Combustible Liquids(fuel trailers)
- Oval Shape/Multiple Compartments Liquids
- Recessed Manholes/Rollover Protection Liquid Fuel Products
- Bottom Valves (In Non-Coded Tankers)
- Will Likely Have Vapor Recovery
DOT 407/MC 307 Low Pressure Chemical Tank
- OPS @ 25-40 PSI Flammable Liquids
- Typical Maximum Capacity 6,000 Gallons Combustible Liquids
- May Be Rubber Lined/Steel Acids
- Single Or Double Top Manhole Caustics
- Single Outlet Discharge For Each Poisons
- Compartment At Bottom (Midship Or Rear)
- Typically Double Shell
- Stiffening Rings
- Rollover Protection
- May Be Multiple Compartments
- Horseshoe Or Round Shaped
- Unit Pictured Is Insulated And Covered With Smooth Metal Skin.
- Tank Has Several Stiffing Rings
- May Have Vapor Recovery
MC-312 Corrosive Liquid Tank
- OPS Pressure Less Than 75 PSI Corrosive Liquids
- Typical Maximum Capacity 6,000 Gallons Typically Acids
- May Be Rubber Lined/Steel
- Stiffening Rings And Rollover Protection
- Splash Guard Provides Rollover Protection
- Top Loading At Rear Or Center
- Loading Area Typically Coated With Corrosive Resistant Material
- Small Diameter For Length (Tube Shaped)
- Typical Single Compartment
MC 331 High Pressure Tank
- OPS Pressure Up To 300 PSI Pressurized Gases & Liquids
- Typical Maximum Capacity 11,500 Gallons Anhydrous Ammonia
- Steel Single Compartment/Non Insulated Propane
- Bolted Manhole At Front or Rear Butane
- Internal and Rear-Outlet Valves Other Gases That Have Been
- Typically Painted White Or Other Reflective Color Liquefied Under Pressure
- May Be Marked Flammable Gas and Compressed Gas
- Round/Dome Shaped End
MC-338 Cryogenic Liquid Tank Truck Well-Insulated‘Thermos Bottle’ Design
- OPS AT Less THAN 22 PSI Liquid Oxygen
- Capacity varies from 5798gal to 9,800gal. Trailer lengths 32’ to 40’.
- Well Insulated Thermos Bottle Like Steel Tank Liquid Nitrogen
- May Have Vapor Discharging from Relief Valves Liquid Carbon Dioxide
- Loading/Unloading Valves Enclosed at Rear Liquid Hydrogen
- May Be Marked “Refrigerated Liquid” Other Gases That Have Been Liquefied
- Round Tank with Same Type of Cabinet at Rear by Lowering Their Temperature
Compressed Gas Tube Trailer 3,000-5,000 Psi
- OPS at 3,000-5,000 PSI (Gas Only) Helium
- The storage capacity varies by type of gas and number of tubes. Range is 30,000cuft-90,000cuft.
- Individual Steel Cylinders Stacked and Banded Together Hydrogen
- Typically will have Over Pressure Device for each cylinder Methane
- Valves at Rear (Protected) Oxygen
- Manufacturer Name May Be on cylinders,
- Flat Truck with Multiple Cylinder Stacked in Modular or Nested Shape
Dry Bulk Cargo Tanker (Pneumatic Trailers)
- Typically Not Under Pressure Calcium Carbide
- Over the Road Oxidizers
- Top Side Manholes Corrosive Solids
- Bottom Valves/Air Assisted Loading/ Cement
- Unloading Plastic Pellets
- Shapes Vary, But Will Have Hoppers Fertilizers
- Size range from 1,000cuft to 2,000cuft.
Sanitary Food Grade: T304 Stainless Insulated Stainless Tank Trailer
- Standard capacity of 30 000 liters or 8 000 USG in tri axle and 6,500gal in tandem axle; but other capacities and compartments available depending on transporter’s needs.
- Typically 1 or 2 compartment.
- Insulated with polystyrene or fiberglass.
- Available round, double-conical or elliptical. Typically with baffles.
- Atmospheric pressure @ working temp of 180 ° F
Asphalt/Hot Oil Tank Trailer
- A wide variety of piping, heating, insulation, and pumping options available. Typically propane heating elements.
- Material hold temp 200°F – 500°F.
- Standard capacity 7,200 gal.
- Straight round construction, carbon steel.
- Typically single compartment, with baffles.
- Operating pressure, atmospheric.
- Insulated with fiberglass. 5”
Dump trailers in the USA are sold by the volume of material in Cubic feet (CF) or Cubic Yards (CY). In Latin America and the Caribbean it’s usually measured in CUBIC METERS (CM). Ratio is 1CY=.76CM. The length of dump trailers in the USA is from 26’ to a 53’ scrap gondola. The inside height (or drop) varies from 47” to 96” in a scrap gondola. The widths are standard 96” or 102”. The common construction materials are steel or aluminum. All require a truck equipped with PTO & hydraulic pump system and controls. Some options are electric tarp systems and weight scales.
Agricultural trailers come in 2 basic types. The hopper open top trailer used to transport grains or the vacuum feed trailer used to transport and deliver feed. They range from 40’ to 45’ in length. Can carry 1,100+bushels. The tops have manual or mechanical tarp systems. Rear barn doors. On the FEED AUGER trailers the length of boom required is important to know.
Types of agricultural trailers
Popular brands include:
Merritt | Timpte | Stoughton | Cornhusker | Wilson | Neville
Livestock trailers come from small 16’ local or farm use units to large 53’ haulers. Configurations can vary depending on the livestock. Ramp configurations can even allow double decking. Construction is usually aluminum.
Horse trailers come as small as 14’ ball hitch towable to a large 53’ 5th wheel type trailer. The most common is a gooseneck trailer in the 26’—28’ length able to carry 3-4 horses. A pickup truck is suitable to move most horse trailers.
Setting a Budget:
The price range for used specialty trailers is based on year of manufacture, make, size, type and general condition. Everyone wants to get the best equipment for the lowest price, but setting a budget helps define what we can offer. Our inventory changes daily. Contact us with a description of the equipment you want and we will provide you with a list of our current inventory or locate the equipment you need.